Aug 16, 2011

The "O" Balls

Last year, for the holidays,  I decided that shopping for gift after gift was a bit too much of the norm.  I wanted to give a gift that had a "bite" of a special touch. Let's just say I felt like Willy Wonka and the Keebler Elves had visited my home.  I made all kinds of cookies, breads, candies, and spiced nuts for friends and family.  And then there were these...oreo balls.  I was surprised when I was told by my step dad (Ken) that these were his absolute favorite "sitting-at-the-computer-late-at -night-snack."
These "preciouses" consist simply of oreos, cream cheese, white chocolate, and of course, a little bit of love.  The sandwich cookies are lightly crumbled, mixed with cream cheese, and then covered in creamy white chocolate.  I had no idea these would be soooo tasty. With a crisp white chocolate shell, and a soft, cakey, dark chocolately filling, its was a match made in heaven. One can only imagine why Ken calls them "O" Balls...of course it's because they are made with oreos...ha ha.

I made a couple dozen upon request for one of my husband's friends...the result...no other "brownie" is allowed to replace the oreo balls in their house...

So who knew something so simple could start such conversations, deliver such smiles, and create such memories?  Especially something that my very own hands created...

P.S.  I wonder what would happen if I accidentally spilled some mint extract into them next time? Hmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment